• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 [swifty]

[swifty]

25 - 250w RMS

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:49 PM

i always thought you took off the kick pannel in the passenger seat... near where the ecu is?
could be wrong, but i remember reading something like that for my vs

#2 ratboy

ratboy

0 - 25w RMS

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:40 PM

Take off the front passenger wheel (after jacking up and chassis standing obviously :P)

then look around the edge of the guard around the wheel opening - there's a heap of screws which hold the plastic inner guard in - take them out and associated clips further in (will become obvious once you loosen the outer ones) and voila aerial access!

A mate took his work's VT through the car-wash with the antenna up (Doh!)

Anyways, he took it to the dealer and they definately accessed it through the guard after taking off the wheel (only way). I think they also had to reset the security or some other bs thing. It was a work car anyway, so they paid for it. But it was (relatively) costly, so try and do it yourself.

#3 KAL SPL

KAL SPL

The GURU

• Members
  • 4,171 posts
  • State:NSW

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:25 AM

']i always thought you took off the kick pannel in the passenger seat... near where the ecu is?
could be wrong, but i remember reading something like that for my vs

Your half right , the cord for the aerial comes through the kick panel behind the computer , then it plugs into a lead that runs to the deck , means you dont have to pull the deck out to change your aerial.
Still have to pull the wheel off to get the inner guard out to get to the aerial mount to start with.

#4 muncher_86

muncher_86

0 - 25w RMS

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • State:VIC

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

Is it the same process to get to the aerial mount on a commodore VN. (my electric aerial is now sitting on the ground in the carport - motor still works fine though).

thanks
dave