25 - 250w RMS

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

just bought a capri
and has or did have a alpine, sec-8057E alarm in it
ive pulled it all out and taken notice of were most wires conect to,
now there is some wires im not sure of

and a weird thing, i found conected to the alarm, it says its a radar dectector (sec-8345) i was thinking is this just a microwave sensor because its a convertable????
has the wireing colours for it on the radar detector
-radar power
-radad controll
-radar triger
-ground

now, radar triger and controll, witch 1 is the one that sends the triger to the alarm and wich 1 is used to activate it?(this is if it iss a microwave sensor)

im thinking of hooking it up2 my cyclops p385, i would use the (aux) to triger alarm and (-ve out) to turn the mircowave sensor on yeah?

cheers

#2 icacha

icacha

Resident wanna be comedian AKA George

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
  • State:NSW

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

you will have to take it to an alpine dealer that still has the bible to install them. i use to install them years ago and i know all stores should have the bible. really you should just wire it up the way it was. there are only 4 wires that are colour coded and you cant go wrong...

#3 dcstraight

dcstraight

500 - 1500w RMS

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • State:VIC

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

Hiya mtrwgn,

Unsure if you have the Alpine SEC-8057E ? JFYI - http://www.alpine.co.....ine sec8057E'

Sorry a bit O/T - I was looking at once of the SEA-XXXXX units - it then integrated with the CVA-1000E / CDA-7949E units via AiNet - you could get updates via your headunit etc - pretty funky stuff...however these were US or Japan release units AFAIK that were not released onto the Australian market due to interfering with dedicated frequencies that emergency services used.

I reckon Alpine have made some nifty alarm units and that there would be demand if they decided to get back into that part of the market - imagine an Alpine alarm that could integrate and keep logs perhaps via AiNet and send via pager (FM / SMS) - all black wiring to keep the insurance companies happy (hehe) and perhaps remote start *hint hint Alpine Oz* lol.

Ok, it's late - I'm talking rubbish again, I'm sure there is a valid reason for Alpine to have discontinued their range of alarms going back a few years.

Cheers,
Steve

#4 icacha

icacha

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:27 AM

The reason seems to be (well here in AU anyway) that we apparently have stupid installers... Seems strange as I've fitted oh so many of their alarms and not once have I had an issue with them.

The only time I've ever had to remove an alpine alarm is to refit it into the new vehicle.

I personally have 4 of the... the 8070, 8048 & 2x 150R's. they all work like a dream. not only do they work, but won't false alarm unless you physically touch the car...

The 8070 is my 1st and oldest one, its been in 2 cars now and all I've done is change the battery once since 1994 when first fitted...

#5 mtrwgn

mtrwgn

25 - 250w RMS

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:17 PM

thanks for help guys
i found the wireing diagram on net
aswell as instruction manual

i also emailed alpine an was told that the remotes arnt avail anywere in the world, so ill probably try to wire up the microwave into my alarm and use the siren as another 1 up under the dash or something

cheeers guys

#6 icacha

icacha

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

there is a way to program the new 150r remotes to the alarm, but i cant see myself lending one out in the hope i get it back. best to try canada and america for the 150r remotes. i know what the alarm can learn up to 4 or maybe more remotes so i cant see the 150r remote being an issue as it doesnt have the code roms on board (code rom remotes are old style remotes where they had the rom in the remote and some in the alarm brain also)...

#7 mtrwgn

mtrwgn

25 - 250w RMS

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

thanks mate, but i cant really be botherd, i just installed my cyclops so ill just tax the siren and microwave off it

thanks again

#8 icacha

icacha

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

microwave will not work with another alarm from memory, but nothing wrong with trying, just make sure first before you conntect it and blow something on the new alarm :)

#9 Turbo_commo

Turbo_commo

0 - 25w RMS

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

where can i buy an alpine alarm?