2 replies to this topic

#1 MrAddo

MrAddo

Resident Hillbilly

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • State:SA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Anyone know of somewhere to get MDF cut accurately for a sub box? I've had some cut at Stratco before (after going all over the northern suburbs to find a hardware store that had a functioning panel saw) but cutting an 800 by 200 rectangle stretched the IQ of the dude doing it to absolute breaking point. Seriously, it was painful to watch...

I specifically need someone who can cut angles accurately. I have no problem building the box myself, I just don't have the equipment to cut it.

North side of town would be preferable but not essential.

#2 Luke - Peaandham

Luke - Peaandham

I'm John Wayne Pilgrims.

• Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've had something cut by Bunnings on the panel saw and they guy seemed to know what he was doing. Theres Laser cut at Lonsdale but hopefully someone else will know somewhere up north.

I will move this thread into the SA section so you have the best chance of getting a reply.

#3 Big_Valven

Big_Valven

Do Work Son

• Members
  • 8,729 posts
  • Interests:Cars, music, electronics

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I've used Otto Co timber on Magill Road, they were around +/- 0.25mm over 16 panels of the same dimensions. They are a little reluctant to do angle cuts however.

Cabinet makers I've used include Woodform down at Lonsdale - they were flawless in cutting me a subwoofer cabinet with mitre biscuit joins from laminated MDF...