#1 Wh33lzz

Wh33lzz

Im Back BABY!!!!

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Poontang.
  • State:NSW

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

Yeah I need the stats for this amp, cant find anything useful by googling, can anyone here help me out?

Does anyone have any experience with this amp??

#2 shiny_car

shiny_car

Posts too much

• Admin
  • 40,952 posts
  • State:VIC

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

another great V12 series amp from alpine. very reliable and gutsy for its rated power.

4x50WRMS @ 12V is what it's rated at. realistically, probably around 70WRMS at that supply-voltage, and more with 14.4V.

http://cablemodem.fi...tartara/alpine/

ideal for running speakers. not bad for subs too of course, though a monobloc or the bigger 2-channel amps of the same series would be better (eg: MRV-1005, MRV-1505).

:)

#3 Wh33lzz

Wh33lzz

Im Back BABY!!!!

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:16 PM

Thanks again shiny, much appreciated.

Was thinking of running my MB Quart splits off 1 & 2 and some rear fill off 3 & 4.

If I do upgrade to a more power hungry set of splits I've got the power!

#4 Wh33lzz

Wh33lzz

Im Back BABY!!!!

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

any idea what is a reasonable price to pay for one of these?

#5 shiny_car

shiny_car

Posts too much

• Admin
  • 40,952 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

depends on the cosmetic condition, and whether it's got the original packaging and manual (which suggests it's well looked-after). and presuming it's working perfectly.

they retailed around $1000 when new. i would expect to pay around $300~400 for one in very good to excellent condition.

:)

#6 TOYBOY

TOYBOY

TEGBOY

• Members
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

I have an MRV-T505 (2 channel) the MRV-F505 (4 channel)... mine does 79.6rms at 12v according to birth certificate.

The old Alpine amps are awesome.

#7 Wh33lzz

Wh33lzz

Im Back BABY!!!!

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

I was called an idiot for paying $300.00 for this amp, I was told that I could buy a new one for not much more... obviously he's not done his homework as I had...

I bought it based on shiny's solid recommendation on the power stats, and got it whithin the correct price range aswell,

Thanks Tegboy, it's nice to know that I have actually learnt something from this site, and did buy the right thing.

#8 pingpong

pingpong

.meh.

• Members
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

One of the best things about good amps is that (treated well) they can generally last a longlonglong time. And 1w of clean power then is no different to 1w of clean power now, and you can get some great amps at great prices that are only a few years old (I use two PG amps circa late 90s and love them to bits)

#9 Stooge007

Stooge007

2009 - Welcome Wayne Bennett

• Members
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

^^^ word

i'm picking up a Soundstream Rubicon 1002 for a pretty good price :)

- Stooge007 out

#10 TOYBOY

TOYBOY

TEGBOY

• Members
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

I know with mine, its been in about 6 different cars now, and whilst it starting to show some wear around the edges, it still sounds as good as new.

Old Alpine gear, is rock solid.

#11 basshead

basshead

all bassed out

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:bassically lots of bassic things

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Year ago I had the F505 in my Pulsar, running Orion 4inch splits in the kickpanels off the front channels and Orion 8inch midbasses in the doors off the rear channels. For a while I only had the 8's in the doors before I eventually got around to installing the splits in the kicks, and the 8's were running bridged (L midbass on front channels, R midbass on rear channels), fullrange (I had no other speakers in the car at the time).

Very impressive amp and put out way more than the "outside packaging advertised specifications". It was a shame to sell it with the car (I knew I wasn't going to have a big system in the new car so there was no point in keeping it).

I picked it up "ex-demo" from Precision Installations @ Blakehurst for $900 I think (that was about 5 years ago at a rough guess).

That old series of Alpine amps had alot more power than the series released after it (which had already been on the market for about a year or so when I bought it) which is the main reason I bought it. You can never have too much clean power!